Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Welcome Nancy Jardine

Hi Tessa, it’s lovely to be visiting your blog today. I’m loving going to new places, and meeting new people on my min-launch tour for my latest release- Topaz Eyes – from Crooked Cat Publishing. I’ve got my gorgeous friend, Teun Zeger from Topaz Eyes, in tow so that we can all get to know him a little better.

(PS. If your readers want to know more about Keira Drummond, or the exiting places they go to –Heidelberg, Vienna, Amsterdam, Edinburgh-on their quest for the Tiru Salana jewels, you can find the URLs of those guest blog posts on my own blog http://nancyjardine.blogspot.com Check the list for what’s on each day during the tour from 3rd – 17th Dec)

But Teun’s champing at the bit, so let’s get to know him!

You’re a pretty cool guy to look at, Teun Zeger. I can easily see why Keira Drummond is very taken with you. Oh my! Don’t you blush now, no embarrassment is intended-but tell us a bit more about yourself.
Nice compliment, thanks. I’m not really into media exposure, but here goes. People tend to think I’m Californian, though I was actually born in Rochester, Minnesota, and lived there till I was about eight. After my father and mother divorced, Mom took me to live in Sonoma, California. I guess I’ve acquired a bit of a Californian accent.

It’s definitely there! So, what do you do, apart from trekking around the world looking for lost jewellery?
My job, you mean?

That’s right; tell everyone what you’re normally involved in. I believe you’re a scientist of some sort?
Yeah. I graduated in chemical sciences at UCSF, worked for a few years in one of the university research laboratories in San Francisco. Then, an opportunity came my way to open up my own research lab in San Fransisco, so I jumped at the chance.

A man on a mission?
You could say that. It was damned hard work at first, and leisure time was a rarity.

Surely that didn’t make Jack a dull boy? I couldn’t believe that! Though, since you’ve never been married, I’m guessing there wasn’t much time for relationships?
You’re getting personal now! I’ve had a few short term relationships over the years, but the job had to come first.

It’s hard to credit such a good-looking guy as you has got to the ‘thirty plus’ and not been nabbed yet. Does your work still drive you?
Sure-though weirdly enough-now that I’ve got a second lab in Boston and a small satellite one in London, I’ve actually got more time than I used to.

How does that come about?
Great managers! A few guys who studied with me at UCSF have come on board to run the labs. That frees me up to generate business and tend to the marketing side; I’m not so involved in the actual research now. Though, it does mean I travel more to drum up contracts.

Am I correct in thinking that means it’s easier for you to pair up with Keira Drummond to find those long-lost family jewels?
Oh, yeah! I’m still dealing with business during our search, though Keira’s getting a lot of my attention.

From what I’m hearing ‘lot’ is definitely the word. I believe big romance is on the cards? What’s Keira like?
TMI! I can’t tell you all my thoughts about her on a public blog. She’s totally gorgeous in every way. I’m definitely smitten by her looks and don’t have a problem admitting it! But it’s not just her gorgeous eyes, and face, and umm… her body. Just everything about her is dazzling. She’s committed to her work and to our search, too, and I really like that as well.

Is it a case of love at first sight?
It’s a bit early to ask that. One look at her bowled me over, though, but you know how life is. Not everything about our first meeting went smoothly. The quest for the Tiru Salana jewels is causing us all a hell of a lot of stress, my third cousins included. Keira doesn’t trust me, yet…and I have to be honest and say I’m not that sure about some of her motives either.

Oh, oh! That sounds intriguing. But that’ll just be temporary hitches?
Well, I could tell you more…but that would spoil the enjoyment of reading Topaz Eyes. What I will say is the thrills and spills I’ve had already with Keira have been very exciting! No more time for questions just now though-I’m off to collect Keira. We’ve a fabulous collection of jewellery to find!

Thank you, Tessa for the opportunity to share Teun with your readers. I’d love to know what they think of him.

*Giveaway*

What would be your visual image of Teun, since I’ve given few clues in the above interview? Please leave your answer in the comment box, and your email address, to be entered into the draw for an e-copy of TOPAZ EYES. (Draw will take place on 13th December)

Blurb:

A peculiar invitation to Heidelberg embroils Keira Drummond in the search for a mysterious collection of extraordinary jewels once owned by a Mughal Emperor; a hoard that was last known to be in the possession of Amsterdam resident, Geertje Hoogeveen, in 1910.

Who among the progeny of Geertje – hitherto unfamiliar third cousins brought together for the quest – can Keira rely on? Distrust and suspicion among them is rife.

Which one is greedy, and determined enough, to hire thugs to tail her… and worse… as she travels to Vienna and Minnesota? Can Keira even trust Teun Zeger - a Californian she is becoming very drawn to – as they pair up to unearth the jewellery?

As they follow a trail of clues, will they uncover the full collection before the hired gun kills them? Details remain furtive and undisclosed until danger and death forces their exposure. And who harbours the ultimate mystery item that is even more precious than the Mughal jewels?

Greed, suspicion and murder are balanced by growing family loyalty, trust, and love.

Excerpt:

“Would you ditch the mystery, Jensen, and just enlighten me as to what you think I have that interests you? And tell me why you couldn’t have asked for it in the letter you sent to me? I came here of my own free will – granted – but I’m not hanging around any longer if you’re going to drag this out, for I’m damned sure I’ve no idea what you’re referring to.”
Jensen’s reply lacked emotion, his face a blank screen, his gaze focused on Teun as Keira regarded the by-play.
“Teun. It may come as a surprise to you, but you actually know more about this invitation than Keira. At least you knew from my letter I had something of family interest you might be glad to take back to the USA with you. Keira had no such suggestion made to her.”
Tension rose in the room, which didn’t only radiate from Teun.
Keira sat uneasy, also unwilling to be in the dark any longer. “Would you please explain why you think I may have something you want, Herr Amsel?” She found herself reluctant to use his first name, considering the antagonism now mounting.
“All in good time, Keira. And please call me Jensen. I don’t set out to be anyone’s enemy. I believe each of you can provide access to items belonging to the collection. All the pieces are likely to vary in monetary value but, viewed as a complete entity, it will make an impressive display. It’s a historic set… and unique.”

Author Bio:

An ex-primary teacher, Nancy Jardine, lives in the fabulous castle country of Aberdeenshire – Scotland. Her husband mans the kitchen, her offspring only an hour’s drive away. When time permits, ancestry research is an intermittent hobby. Neglecting her large garden in favour of writing, she now grows spectacularly giant thistles. Activity weekends with her extended family are prized since they give her great fodder for new writing.

A lover of history, it sneaks into most of her writing along with many of the fantastic world locations she has been fortunate to visit. Her published work to date has been two non fiction history related projects; two contemporary ancestral mysteries; one light-hearted contemporary romance mystery and a historical novel, The Beltane Choice, also published by Crooked Cat Publishing.

Nancy Jardine can be found at:
http://nancyjardine.blogspot.com
http://nancyjardineauthor.weebly.com
http://facebook.com/nancy.jardine.56
Twitter @nansjar

Topaz Eyes is available from Amazon.com http://www.amazon.com/Topaz-Eyes-Nancy-Jardine/dp/1908910585/ref=pd_rhf_ee_p_t_1 and www.crookedcatbooks.com

Book trailer Youtube video for Topaz Eyes can be viewed at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgPf5kTAyi4&feature=channel&list=UL

For all of Nancy Jardine’s books see: http://amzn.to/wwaGCv

Thanks for stopping by Nancy. Remember you must leave a comment to enter. What a great story to find in your holiday to be read pile!

16 comments:

  1. Hi Tessa. It's great to visit your 'Western' blog! Hope you're all having a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nancy! Congratulations on your success. I'm looking forward to this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sandra,

      Thanks for dropping by. Yes, this looks like an exciting book. I think reading books like this set in beautiful locations in Europe may be the only way I get to visit.

      Tessa

      Delete
    2. Hi Sandy. It's nice to cross paths again. Tessa-There are lots of lovely European cities to vist but I squeezed Duluth and Rochester,Minnesota, into TOPAZ EYES as well. I've been to Minnesota, California and the route fron San Fran up to Vancouver passing through Oregon and Washington State wut that's all I've seen in the US. So many places I'd love to visit...

      Delete
  3. Thanks for stopping by, Nancy. It's great to have you here.

    Tessa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nancy, congratulations on the book! Sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jerrie. It's fun to have a new release, isn't it? But absolutely exhausting!

      Delete
  5. Hi Jerrie,

    Thanks for stopping by.

    Tessa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Hi Liz,
      So glad you stopped by. Nancy writes a great post.

      Tessa

      Delete
  7. Hi, Nancy!
    Loved the interview! Looks like a very intreging book. Good luck with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ilona. I hope all is good for you just now. Thanks for your good wishes!

      Delete
    2. Hi Ilona,
      Glad you came by. Thanks for leaving a comment.

      Tessa

      Delete
  8. Congratulations, Jerrie! Your name has just come out of the hat as the winner of my TOPAZ EYES ecopy.
    My thanks to the others who commented - and there are still a couple of possible winners if you keep up with my tour.
    Tessa - thank you very much for hosting me today - it's lovely to get to know you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Nancy,
    It was a blast. I so enjoyed meeting your friends and reading about your newest book. Congratulations too, to Jerrie who won a copy of your book. How awesome is that!

    Tessa

    ReplyDelete