Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Facing Fears

The toughest thing you can do is to get back on...

We've all heard the saying, fall off a horse and you must get back on, but when the beast is nearly 2000 pounds of Brahma terror, the task becomes more than daunting. In Eight Seconds to Glory, Travis Hargrove has a lot to prove if he wants to win Glory Beebe's heart.

“You're crazy, you know it?” Mickey snapped as he handed Travis a chest protector.
“You got no more business on that bull than a jay bird.”
“Yeah, I do.”
Travis paused and cut Mickey an impatient glance. “I know what I'm doing. Jax is right. It's time I showed those kids what a bull rider does.”
“You ain't ready,” Mickey shook his head. “You haven't been on a bull yet. You could go and get yourself killed.”
Travis put on the metal helmet. “I got news for you,” he thumped Mickey's chest. “I'm coming out on top.”
“And Glory? You get hurt and what am I gonna say to her?”
He paused and turned to look at Mickey. “I'm not gonna get hurt. In fact when I get done, I'm gonna tell her I love her.” His face contorted in thought. “I don't know how we‟re gonna make it work, but I know when two people are as good together as we are, you don't look back, you just do it.”

Eight Seconds to Glory is available in print and in ebook.

http://www.amazon.com/Eight-Seconds-Glory-Tessa-Berkley/dp/1440555885/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1364908885&sr=8-1&keywords=Eight+Seconds+to+Glory

No comments:

Post a Comment