Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Next Big Thing Blog

Welcome to the Next Big Thing Blog. I want to thank Tara Kingston for sending me her loyal readers. Usually, I'm working on a western but for a change of pace, today I'm sharing a fire jockey. That's right, my next contract centers on a story based around small town USA and a local fire company. Let me introduce you to the story.

1)What is the working title of your next book?

The working title of my next book is Playing with Fire.

2)Where did the idea come from for the book?

My son is a volunteer firefighter in a small town. So, I figured I'd used the setting of a small town and create one of those old time boy meets girl stories from the old black and white films we used to see on TV in our youth

3) What genre does your book fall under?

This book is a contemporary.

4)What actors would you choose to play the part of your characters in a movie rendition?

Hm? I'm not sure. There aren't too many ginger headed gentlemen. I adore Chris O'Donnell so maybe I could go with him to play the part of our hero, Sully. The heroine is a small town girl who goes off to fine fame and fortune only to return home with broken dreams. I love the actress that plays the oldest daughter on Blue Bloods Sami Gayle or Amy Addams.

5)Who is publishing your book?

Playing with Fire will be published by Turquoise Morning Press in the Summer of 2014 as part of their ongoing stories from Honey Creek, Ohio.

6)How long did it take you to write the first draft of the manuscript?

The First draft took nearly nine months in between long term sub gigs for a local public school. It was hard to work then come home and push through a thousand or more words after cooking dinner and dishes. It was also the first time I had ever had to write to synopsis written before hand. I was so afraid to stray from the prescribed path. But characters often choose the path less traveled and on one or two occasions I had to follow them.

7)What else about the book might pique the readers’ interests?

I think everyone loves the slow pace of small town America. Its why we tune into shows like The Middle, Last Man Standing, Home Improvement, etc. We long to see why and how problems so much like our own stand out. I think readers will enjoy the boy meets girl, Doris Day /Rock Hudson feel.


Look for Nancy O'Berry's blog next week June 19th at wwwdotnancyoberrydotcom

No comments:

Post a Comment